Your experience with plotworks?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by James Maeding, May 18, 2004.

1. We have two Oce 9800's which require Reprodesk to send plots to them.
    I have recently discovered the Plotworks program. It is an alternative to Reprodesk in that it processes plot files and
    readys them for the 9800. Its not new so not sure why I never noticed it before.

Most offices with OCE's know you have to use a variety of drivers because the vic driver does not handle clipped or
    screened images.

I had the plotworks tech guys run my test drawing and it GOT EVERYTHING RIGHT! The image clips were perfect and the
    screening was a nice fine resolution. This was the first plot in A2k that I have seen this on. That sure got my
    attention. It seems the Plotworks uses the HP755cm driver, but enhances the screening and gets around the Reprodesk
    problems.

The Hp755cm driver with the Hpglauto penset in reprodesk gives a lousy screening resolution.

I have not purchased the PLP Plotworks software yet and am looking for comments from others.
    thanks
    James Maeding
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, May 18, 2004
  2. James Maeding

GDTech Guest

James,
    You may want to investigate www.plotstream.com. It works 100% with ACAD to
    any plotter without the plt files. Easy, fast and reliable. It is also
    server based, so your desktop is not tied up while autocad is ripping plots.

Grant

Reprodesk in that it processes plot files and
    the vic driver does not handle clipped or
    RIGHT! The image clips were perfect and the
    I have seen this on. That sure got my
    the screening and gets around the Reprodesk

GDTech, May 18, 2004
  3. James Maeding

jeffgrantham Guest

We have been using Plotworks for over 2 years plotting to a Xerox MAX200 with a Printfold folder attached. This software works very well for us. The drafters can create jobs from their desk with the client tools. Our largest plotworks job to date was 525 drawing files; no problem. Multiple layouts are not a problem either, some of our drawings have 40-50.We specified our plotworks server a good bit more powerful than Xerox recommends.

jeffgrantham, May 28, 2004
Ask a Question