Xrefs in Tool Palettes Auto-Insert as Xrefs

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JRodriguez, Jul 21, 2004.

1. JRodriguez

JRodriguez Guest

Hello. My question for you all is this: Is there a way, either through the Design Center or Windows Explorer, to create a tool palette that automatically will insert all of the items as xrefs. For example, we have an Xrefs folder that all of our xrefs drawings are in. So I go through the Design Center and I right click on the folder and select the Create Tool Palette of Blocks. Thats great to have a tool palette of blocks. But I would also like on that inserts all of those as xrefs. I know that you can right click on a block within a tool palette and tell it to insert as xref instead of block but I'm dealing with well over hundred xrefs. I'm looking for a way to create a tool palette that automatically inserts all as xrefs instead of blocks.

Is this possible?
    Is there a variable to automatically set that up and then create the tool palette and then change the setting back to create tool palette of blocks?
    Did I make sense with this question?
    Bob do you have an answer????

Thanks for your time & help!!!!
    JRodriguez

JRodriguez, Jul 21, 2004
  2. JRodriguez

kendresen Guest

I don't know of a way to do it through a macro, BUT I have created something similar. First you need to download the doslib.arx file created by Robert McNeel & Associates (its free). You can get it from www.mcneel.com. Than you will have to write a lisp using a function in that .arx file (I don't remember it is, just use the help file that comes with it) that will return all the drawings in the specified folder. From there you can step through all the drawings and xref them in.

Kevin

kendresen, Jul 22, 2004
  3. JRodriguez

Joe Burke Guest

JRodriguez,

In 2004 you can select multiple files to attach in the Select Reference File dialog.

Joe Burke

Center or Windows Explorer, to create a tool palette that automatically will insert
    all of the items as xrefs. For example, we have an Xrefs folder that all of our
    xrefs drawings are in. So I go through the Design Center and I right click on the
    folder and select the Create Tool Palette of Blocks. Thats great to have a tool
    palette of blocks. But I would also like on that inserts all of those as xrefs. I
    know that you can right click on a block within a tool palette and tell it to insert
    as xref instead of block but I'm dealing with well over hundred xrefs. I'm looking
    for a way to create a tool palette that automatically inserts all as xrefs instead of
    blocks.
    and then change the setting back to create tool palette of blocks?

Joe Burke, Jul 22, 2004
Ask a Question