Windows 2000 Serv. Pak 4 slows printer functions

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dwharch, Aug 25, 2003.

1. dwharch

dwharch Guest

Since installing Windows 2000 service pak 4, all printer functions from autocad have slowed to crawl. When plotting a drawing there now is approximately a 15 second delay before the plotting window pops up. Similar delays when previewing and then going to final plot. This is affecting all printer types connected to the comupter regardless of manufacturer, cable connection, etc. Anybody else experienced this?

dwharch, Aug 25, 2003
  2. dwharch

dwharch Guest

Thanks for your reply regarding the slow down of print functions. You are a few steps ahead of me technically. Are you saying that PC3 files should no longer be used?
    When we upgraded to acad2004, we simply copied the printer configurations over to the new driver location.

Dave Hall

dwharch, Aug 25, 2003
  3. dwharch

Matt Dwyer Guest

If you do a search on PC3 in the subject line, you will see messages re: those files.

FYI, I have not installed sp4 on my 2000 stations having seen other issues with sp4 and acad.

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?ID=3165

Matt Dwyer
    Dwyer Engineering
    Thanks for your reply regarding the slow down of print functions. You are a few steps ahead of me technically. Are you saying that PC3 files should no longer be used?
    When we upgraded to acad2004, we simply copied the printer configurations over to the new driver location.
    Dave Hall

Matt Dwyer, Aug 25, 2003
Ask a Question