Why won't ACAD use my default paper sizes?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Steve Chestnut, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Hello AutoCAD people,

My office is using AutoCAD 2004 on PCs running Windows 2000 and XP. Something I've noticed and can't figure out...

I have an OCE printer. It's print server queue has it's default paper size set as D. The users queues all are set to a default paper size of D. When in AutoCAD and I select this printer sometimes the default size does not go to D but to some other size such as A or B.

The same thing with our HP Laserjets. We have special CAD queues for these machines where the paper size is set to 11x17 but when selecting one of these printers with AutoCAD the paper size will a lot of times come in as "letter".

In any other program when I select a printer I always start out with the default paper size as set by the queue. Does anyone know why AutoCAD does not go to the default paper size when selecting a printer? Is this normal? All other programs seem to go to the default.

Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Steve

Steve Chestnut, Feb 22, 2005
Ask a Question