Watermark

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by wivory, Sep 15, 2003.

1. wivory

wivory Guest

I've been developing (A2K2) an application for some time that is about ready to go out to a client site for alpha testing. I want to make sure none of the drawings generated by my application get used in a production-sense yet by putting a DRAFT watermark through the layouts.

I've found some oldish posts in the newsgroup(s) and done some experimentation with mtext and image manager (using a watermark I built in Word) but I'm not really getting the effect I'm after. I wish to have blocky-type letters that are filled in light-gray and transparent to the point that they sit almost unnoticeably behind the drawing(s). I don't need any graphics at all - just the word DRAFT at a 45° angle. Any suggestions on the best way to code this please?

Thanks

Wayne Ivory
    IT Analyst Programmer
    Wespine Industries Pty Ltd

wivory, Sep 15, 2003
  2. wivory

wivory Guest

Thanks Ed. A couple of questions if I may:

1. If I print the layout the watermark text appears over the other elements in the drawing. Even if I select it and change the Display Order to "Send to Back" it does the same thing. Am I overlooking something here?
      2. As is, your utility prompts the user to select a point on a particular layout and the watermark only appears there. What would I need to do for it to appear on all layouts?

Thanks

Wayne

wivory, Sep 16, 2003
Ask a Question