VB middle mouse scroll

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Paul Richardson, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Paul Richardson

HJohn Guest

Thanks Jorge, I downloaded it and it works great.
    Gracias amigo!

HJohn, Nov 12, 2004
  2. Paul Richardson

Ed Jobe Guest

The key was the version, 4.1. "The latest intellimouse drivers" don't.

Ed Jobe, Nov 12, 2004
  3. Thanks Ed, but I don't think I'll go back to an older version right now.
    I've had my share of troubles with the Intellimouse software.

Jorge Jimenez, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Paul Richardson

Ed Jobe Guest

Yeah, my next one might be logitec

Ed Jobe, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Paul Richardson

wivory Guest

I had in the past found a tool that fixed the mouse-wheel scrolling in VB but not VBA. Given the compatibility warnings discussed in this thread regarding FreeWheel I thought I would download it and use the "Include" option to only point it at VB and VBA as everything else works fine with my standard mousewheel driver.

But a couple of funny things happened. In the default install state (ie no Includes or Excludes specified) the scrolling worked in both environments. When I said Include VB6.EXE (I copied the full path from the shortcut to make sure it was right) the scrolling no longer worked in VB. I tried stopping and starting VB but still it remained the same. Taking it out of Include (back to an empty list) caused it to start working again.

The other thing is in AutoCAD I like the mouse wheel to zoom. Enabling FreeWheel caused the AutoCAD workspace to scroll rather than zoom. Putting ACAD.EXE in the Exclude list caused the scrolling to stop working in the VBA environment. (sigh)

I realise this is a third-party piece of freeware, but as it is being discussed here I wondered if anybody else has experimented with the settings and got these two issues resolved.

Thanks

Wayne Ivory
    IT Analyst Programmer
    Wespine Industries Pty Ltd

wivory, Nov 15, 2004
  6. Paul Richardson

wivory Guest

Following up with an answer to my own query...

I was able to get the functionality I wanted with only a minor inconvenience. I now have no entries in the Include/Exclude list which means FreeWheel operates on everything (including VBA of course). The recent discovery I made is that by holding down Ctrl the mouse wheel will zoom in AutoCAD rather than scroll. So as long as I remember to press Ctrl when I need it, I get to have my cake and eat it too.

Regards

Wayne Ivory
    IT Analyst Programmer
    Wespine Industries Pty Ltd

wivory, Nov 25, 2004
Ask a Question