VB-Acad 2004 cannot be scheduled to run on Windows 2000

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by shulee, Jun 7, 2004.

1. shulee

shulee Guest

I have a Visual Basic 6.0 program which calls Autocad to automate a batch process. The batch process helps me create DWF files during off hours. This process has been running since Autocad R14.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading from Autocad 2002 to 2004. The upgrade has been successful, until I try to schedule the job to run with windows task scheduler.

When I login as userY and schedule the vb program to run as userX, I get the following error message, 429 ActiveX component can't create object.

So I login as userX and try to schedule the vb program to run again as userX. The vb program opens autocad and runs as expected. I can see Autocad appear and run through my process. Why does the schedule job run correctly when I'm logged in as userX?

Code to create object -
    set myApp = CreateObject("AutoCAD.Application")
    I also tried set myApp = CreateObject("AutoCAD.Application.16")

Testing Environment -
    Windows 2000 pro, Autocad 2004 + sp1a, VB6

Thanks for the help.
    Shu

shulee, Jun 7, 2004
  2. shulee

shulee Guest

AutoCAD 2002 failure to uninstall cleanly caused my vb program to fail when scheduled to run on a windows 2000 server.

AutoCAD 2002 left registry settings which the AutoCAD 2004 install did not detect and correct. The registry settings that should've been pointing to AutoCAD 2004 were still
    pointing to AutoCAD 2002. This caused COM to become confused. Who knew there was an install problem, AutoCAD 2004 and my vb program ran correctly from the console.

After I uninstalled Autocad 2004, removed all the Autocad 2002 registry settings, and reinstalled Autocad 2004, my vb program was able to run as a schedule job. Everything works correctly now.

shulee, Jul 26, 2004
Ask a Question