Using Xdata or LISP?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Kieren, May 27, 2004.

1. Kieren

Kieren Guest

Hi!
    Can anyone help me with a little probelm that I cant seem to find a solution to on these pages?!
    I have a pretty standard routine that is used for placing a Northings and Eastings block in a drawing. The attributes within the block return two numbers (one Eastings and Northings, obviously) based on the "real world" co-ordinates insertion point, and display them as attributes next to the block.
    If I move the block, how can I update the attributes to read and display the new insertion point?
    I know it can be done automatically using XDATA but I have no knowledge of it.
    Can a seperate lisp routine be written to extract the insertion point of the block and update the attribute values?
    Many thanks for help in advance!

..::KIEREN::..

Kieren, May 27, 2004
  2. Kieren

Big 'D' Guest

You can find a little help on xdata at the site listed below:
    http://www.afralisp.com/lispa/lisp21.htm
    Or, express tools has a couple of commands that make it easy. Go to express, tools, and go to the bottom of the pulldown. You should even have a link to an express tools discussion group.
    Xdata really is a good idea. Watch out for the copy though. If you use regular copy, your xdata stays attached to the original. You can, however, use copy paste.
    Have fun,
    D

Big 'D', May 27, 2004
Ask a Question