Upgraded to 2005 but still want to run 2004 for a while.

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Brian Schonecker, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Hello!

I have upgraded all of my network licenses to Acad 2005. In the process, I've aquired one 'additional' license. I have 14 ACAD 2004 licenses but only authorized 13 for some reason. Anyhoo, I consolidated all of my 14 licenses into one Acad 2005 subscription license.

The Acad administrator doesn't have any plans to move to 2005 for some time but I need to be able to use the 'extra' license for my 2004 users. Can I remove the Acad 2004 licenses, install the 14 Acad 2005 licenses and still run Acad 2004 on my clients? Of course we'll be moving to Acad 2005 within a few months but I really need that "extra" license.

Will the Acad 2005 license server allow me to use Acad2004 licenses?

Brian

Brian Schonecker, Nov 4, 2004
  2. If you are on subscription check this document at 2.4 Amendment to Autodesk
    License Agreement:
    http://pointa.autodesk.com/local/eng/portal/vip/members/services/pdf/TsAndCs_WW.pdf
    You might be able to authorize 1 more 2004 license.

--
    Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark
    CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com
    Take a look at
    JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport
    SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm
    or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com
    More on AutoCAD 2005;
    www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm

Jimmy Bergmark, Nov 4, 2004
  3. Brian Schonecker

pcchenard Guest

Yes...you should be able to call Autodesk and request an updated license file for you 2004 products. I did exactally that when we added an extra license for Raster Design.

pcchenard, Nov 5, 2004
Ask a Question