Unhandled Exception E0000001

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Matt Howland, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Matt Howland

Matt Howland Guest

I have a visual lisp application that uses some of the ActiveX functions for Architectural Desktop. Whenever I run the application and then close autocad I get the following error:

"Exception in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AecArchBase40.dbx ARX Command"

"Unhandled Exception E0000001 (e0000001h) at address 77E73887h"

I use the following command to access the activex objects:

(vl-load-com)
    (if (= nil vlarc-aecCeilingConditionAutomatic)
    (vlax-import-type-library
    :tlb-filename "aecxarchbase40.tlb" :methods-prefix
    "vlarm-" :properties-prefix "vlarp-"
    :constants-prefix "vlarc-"
    )
    )

This is loaded from a file that Autocad loads when it starts up. I have it load then because I have different lisp functions that are accessing it at different times and I don't want to have to keep reloading it. The thing is when I don't run my application, I don't get the error even though the previous command is loaded no matter what.

I have run this application on 4 other machines and get the same error with all of them.

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

Matt Howland, Jul 13, 2004
  2. Matt Howland

Doug Broad Guest

ADT version?
    Seems that there might be some question about which AecArchBase4x.dbx you
    need to reference.

You should also give the ADT-cust newsgroup a fair shot before cross-posting.

Architectural Desktop. Whenever I run the application and then close autocad I get the
    following error:
    because I have different lisp functions that are accessing it at different times and I
    don't want to have to keep reloading it. The thing is when I don't run my application, I
    don't get the error even though the previous command is loaded no matter what.

Doug Broad, Jul 13, 2004
  3. Matt Howland

Matt Howland Guest

I am not even referencing the file that it says is crashing. I am referencing the .tlb file. That must be referencing this .dbx, so I am not sure what I would need to switch in order to use a different file.

Matt Howland, Jul 14, 2004
Ask a Question