Tru Type vs Shx Fonts

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Terry, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Terry

Janice Guest

Some thoughts on fonts:

1. .shx fonts sometimes plot "funny", a straight line meeting and angle
    line gets "spikey", such as an "N" or "M"
    2. .shx fonts print light or dark depending on the color / "pen" weight
    assigned. This is especially handy when there is existing work then the
    text can be light. New work / text can be darker.
    3. .ttf are always the same line weight, no matter what

My 3 1/2 cents

Janice, Oct 27, 2004
  2. Terry

teiarch Guest

OldCad: You and I have been 'round and 'round on this several times. It doesn't matter whether you use it or not and I will make no guarantees for you.

FYI: Our state architects, in their infinte wisdom, require that plans submitted use only RomanS for everything, including title sheets. Just looked at one my clients did "native" RomanS at drawing title text heights looks like the letters were drawn with a straightedge.

This is because the "native" fonts you and other responders so cherish and cling to is poorly coded.

Point is that my revised RomanS would make all that go away.

teiarch, Oct 27, 2004
  3. Terry

OLD-CADaver Guest

<<and I will make no guarantees for you>>

Then we won't use any but native fonts, and neither will anyone providing us files.

<<Point is that my revised RomanS would make all that go away.>>

Then sell AutoDESK on it and have them add it to their "native" fonts. But until then, I'm not gonna WASTE one more manhour chasing missing font files. The "Native" ROMANS works just fine, we've placed miles of pipe, miles of wire, millions of yards of concrete and millions of tons of steel using it without problem one.

OLD-CADaver, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Terry

teiarch Guest

Old-cad: Believe me, I've been trying to get someone at Autodesk to respond but this is not a primary focus of their attention.

If you happen to know of someone at Autodesk I could contact, please advise.

I've tried about everything else.

teiarch, Oct 27, 2004
  5. Terry

OLD-CADaver Guest

<<I've been trying to get someone at Autodesk to respond but this is not a primary focus of their attention. >>

There is no incentive at this time, that would cause them to change. You'll be hard pressed to get them solve something that isn't a problem.

OLD-CADaver, Oct 27, 2004
Ask a Question