Trouble Plotting Multiple Drawings

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by jthoward, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jthoward

jthoward Guest

Recently, we upgraded computers for our office. Up to this point, I was able to use the batch plot utility and print multiple drawings (100 or more) at the same time without any problems. On my new computer, after about the third or fourth drawing sent, every drawing after that the drawings start to print incomplete, meaning, everything is not printing. So, now I can only send three to four drawings at a time and it has become quite a pain. Is their anything on the settings I can check?

My old computer was a PIII 1.0 GHZ, 256mb of ram, 40 gb hd, Win2k. New computer is P4 2.4 GHZ 512 mb, 80 gb hd and Win2k. Our plotter is a 1050c and is connected to our network and is not controlled by a single computer. Both computers used Acad 2004.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks

jthoward, Dec 3, 2004
  2. jthoward

sepult Guest

<<"batch plot utility ">>
    are you talking about Publish, or are you still using the old "batch plot utility exe."

If you are using the old Batch plot, try using the publish feature.

sepult, Dec 4, 2004
  3. jthoward

jthoward Guest

I was using the old batch plot, but even if I want to print 4 copies of 1 drawing, on the 3rd copy lines, text, etc... are incomplete. This leads me to believe that I may have had some kind of memory setting that is different on this computer.

jthoward, Dec 6, 2004
  4. did you by chance get new antivirus software with your new pc purchases?? or
    change the settings?

I am the design department for our company so, the batch plot hasn't really
    been necessary, but
    We've had several issues with our hp 500 mostly involving long spool times
    and
    failed plots, with relatively simple drawings.

As it turns out, our problem was the anti virus software scanning both the
    pc page files, and the server page files. The delayed spool time was in
    turn (we think), making the plotter "time out" and believing that it was out
    of memory, we changed the setting the software not to scan either of the
    page files, and it works
    great, haven't had a single failed plot since. I have shared this
    information with others of our trade and have discovered that anti-virus
    software can cause a wide varity of interesting situations......I know it
    sounds totally unrelated, but give it a try...

Paul

Paul Caruthers, Dec 6, 2004
Ask a Question