Trapping "Modeling Operation Error"s

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by rogan, Sep 11, 2003.

1. rogan

rogan Guest

Hi all,

I have a system for creating large drawing files through generated scripts. Because the commands are going by so fast, I trap all the errors with the *error* function so I can peruse them later. For some reason I have been getting a "Modeling Operation Error: Inconsistent face-body relationships" from `union` and `intersect`, but *error* doesn't trap this. Does anybody know how these functions throw errors? I can't check the `command` command for the error because it always returns nil
    Thanks, Rogan

ps. Sorry for the cross-post; I didn't know about this group when I first posted.

rogan, Sep 11, 2003
  2. I haven't tried it but, how about vl-catch-all-apply ?

--

-Jason
    Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

commands are going by so fast, I trap all the errors with the *error* function so I can
    peruse them later. For some reason I have been getting a "Modeling Operation Error:
    Inconsistent face-body relationships" from `union` and `intersect`, but *error* doesn't
    trap this. Does anybody know how these functions throw errors? I can't check the `command`
    command for the error because it always returns nil

Jason Piercey, Sep 12, 2003
  3. rogan

rogan Guest

For some reason "vl-catch-all-apply" doesn't accept the "command" function. It returns a "bad order function: COMMAND" error. I think the problem is that *error* and vl-catch... deal with autolisp errors, while the error that I am getting is an Autocad error (that is, having to do with an internal autocad function). Are there any ways to access the internal autocad areas (like this error process) with autolisp?

Thanks, Rogan

rogan, Sep 12, 2003
Ask a Question