Toolbars Won't Stay Put

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by kgerb, Apr 15, 2004.

1. kgerb

kgerb Guest

Whenever I open up AutoCAD some (but not all) of my toolbars move from where I put them last. I have three rows of toolbars at the top of my screen. Whenever I open AutoCAD the leftmost TB in the third row is moved up to the rightmost position in the first row. I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it but I looked in the .mns files and each of the toolbars that move is "floating". Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

Thanks
    Kyle

kgerb, Apr 15, 2004
  2. google toolpik by manusoft - excellent program

--

Jamie Duncan

Consulting - If you're not part of the solution, there's good money in
    prolonging the problem.
    where I put them last. I have three rows of toolbars at the top of my
    screen. Whenever I open AutoCAD the leftmost TB in the third row is moved
    up to the rightmost position in the first row. I'm not sure if this would
    have anything to do with it but I looked in the .mns files and each of the
    toolbars that move is "floating". Anybody have any ideas why this is
    happening.

Jamie Duncan \(remove lock to reply\), Apr 15, 2004
  3. kgerb

R.K. McSwain Guest

http://support.autodesk.com/Getdoc.asp?ID=TS66020

R.K. McSwain, Apr 15, 2004
  4. kgerb

R.K. McSwain Guest

R.K. McSwain, Apr 15, 2004
  5. There is no mystery here, Acad load toolbars one menu at a time. This is a BUG.
    You get a toolbar that is supposed to go on the third row, but there is no second row created, the toolbar will get put
    on the second row and it will crowd the ones that are supposed to be there.

Toolbars should be loaded one row at a time, after all menus are loaded. I put this on my top ten list to Adesk because
    it rears its head right in front of you when starting acad. This comment was the number one thing people said when we
    switched to A2002 from R14.

I wrote an app that saves what I call "menu states" and toolbar position is one of the things it saves. Its like a
    replacement for the Menu Pallettes which only does pulldowns. Mine does menus, pulldowns,and toolbars. And it works
    perfectly because it does things row by row. I would let a few people test it if they would give me feedback. It has
    solved the toolbar woes at my office.

Only problem seems to be that it errors out when loading certain menus like the Civil menu. Its not a big deal though,
    you just load the missing menu by hand and then the tool works next time. Its not too often you have to reload a menu
    in a particular profile, so the problem is rare.

The whole issue is rediculous though, the bug should be fixed once and for all by Autodesk. They also should write
    their own menu state tool. Profiles are too much in one basket. Cad managers go nuts when people pull in args from an
    acad that was set up wrong. The user "just wanted the toolbars back how they had them" and inadvertently screw up acad.
    So completeing the Menu Palletes tool to do toolbars needs to happen. And everyoone needs it, not just Land users.

To balance my ranting, Adesk has already hit the biggest issue on my top 10 list, App ID purging. ( And I dont mean by
    adding the A2005 purge command, there is another way). So these things do get fixed, you just have to explain how ugly
    the problems are from little oversights in Acad.

Problem is its tough to sell an upgrade that advertises as "Lots of bugs fixed, but not too many new features."
    Cant solve that.

kgerb <>
    |>Whenever I open up AutoCAD some (but not all) of my toolbars move from where I put them last. I have three rows of toolbars at the top of my screen. Whenever I open AutoCAD the leftmost TB in the third row is moved up to the rightmost position in the first row. I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it but I looked in the .mns files and each of the toolbars that move is "floating". Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.
    |>
    |>Thanks
    |>Kyle

James Maeding
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Apr 16, 2004
Ask a Question