switching layers off

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by caderudite, Aug 4, 2003.

1. caderudite

caderudite Guest

hello people,
    I have multiple xclips in one drawing. And i want some layers shown on one clip and not on the other clip. If i freeze that layer i freeze on all other xclips. Is there any variable to freeze a layer on one xcilip an not on others. Note: i am using same xref for all the xclips.
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

caderudite, Aug 4, 2003
  2. caderudite

Jamie Duncan Guest

I assume that the same xclip appears more than once within a viewport, and that you want the layer on in one, and frozen in the other?  can't be done without the renaming trick, which you might not want to do anyway. 

need more info - why not post?

--
    Jamie Duncan

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend. "

"caderudite" <> wrote in message news:...

hello people,
    I have multiple xclips in one drawing. And i want some layers shown on one clip and not on the other clip. If i freeze that layer i freeze on all other xclips. Is there any variable to freeze a layer on one xcilip an not on others. Note: i am using same xref for all the xclips.
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

Jamie Duncan, Aug 4, 2003
Ask a Question