Switching between apps??

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pkirill, May 20, 2004.

1. pkirill

pkirill Guest

So with the help of previous threads in this NG, I have been able to get my cancel/progress window to stay on top during my batch processing. And if I time it just right, I can even get it to cancel.

Is there any way to have the cancel button be available even while AutoCAD is opening a drawing or sending it to plot in the background? Right now I get that nag box about "trying to switch between applications - click Switch to... to switch or Retry". I just want the cancel button to dump acad al together - no save, no options, just stop.

Any ideas?

pkirill, May 20, 2004
  2. pkirill

pkirill Guest

I ran across a solution where someone "removed the .dll from MTS and registered it using Regsvr32.exe" (billchris - tek-tips.com 6/17/03). Anyone have a minute (ha-ha) to explain this and/or let me know if it is applicable to this situation?

So with the help of previous threads in this NG, I have been able to get my cancel/progress window to stay on top during my batch processing. And if I time it just right, I can even get it to cancel.

Is there any way to have the cancel button be available even while AutoCAD is opening a drawing or sending it to plot in the background? Right now I get that nag box about "trying to switch between applications - click Switch to... to switch or Retry". I just want the cancel button to dump acad al together - no save, no options, just stop.

Any ideas?

pkirill, May 21, 2004
Ask a Question