switches

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by darickbrokaw, Feb 25, 2005.

1. darickbrokaw

darickbrokaw Guest

i am using the /s switch for my custom lsp and mns files and it replaces all pathing in the options dialog box to be just the the switch i set up. i want to do this switch but still get the default pathing with the switch at the top of the pathing
    help please

darickbrokaw, Feb 25, 2005
  2. You might try using profiles instead of the switches.

all pathing in the options dialog box to be just the the switch i set up. i
    want to do this switch but still get the default pathing with the switch at
    the top of the pathing

Alan Henderson @ A'cad Solutions, Feb 25, 2005
  3. darickbrokaw

darickbrokaw Guest

i am using profiles now thanks anyways

darickbrokaw, Feb 25, 2005
  4. can you explain, I have not heard of this \s option except in the target path of the icon. In the icon, it means "run
    this script" of course.

I did a routine that is quite nice for controlling paths that you may want to use instead of the /s.
    It is essentially a remove and add back paths routine. Its nice though because you set up a text file of paths to
    remove and put back (in the order you want). The text file can have [username] and the prog will substitute in the user
    loginname. Its a staple in my operation at H&A.
    thx

darickbrokaw <>
    |>i am using the /s switch for my custom lsp and mns files and it replaces all pathing in the options dialog box to be just the the switch i set up. i want to do this switch but still get the default pathing with the switch at the top of the pathing
    |>help please

James Maeding
    jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Feb 25, 2005
  5. right, but where are you putting the /s? in a lisp file?

darickbrokaw <>
    |>/s Designates support folders other than the current folder. Drawing support files include text fonts, menus, AutoLISP files, linetypes, and hatch patterns. The maximum number of folders you can specify in the path is 15. Each folder name is delimited by semicolons. (it is a command line switch) i would love to take a look at what you got thanks

James Maeding
    jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Feb 26, 2005
  6. darickbrokaw

darickbrokaw Guest

no it is in the desktop shortcut (the .exe file)
    i would love to get a hold of what you have

darickbrokaw, Mar 2, 2005
Ask a Question