Support File Search 50 paths limit

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by carlos_melchor, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Good morning to all forum's friends... I need some help with this:

I am developing a menu that include custom libraries for our company but the problem is that AutoCAD 2004 and 2005 does not accept more than 50 paths in SUPPORT FILE SEARCH PATH in Options... menu command. If anymore here help me, I will be very thankfulness.

Best regards,

Carlos Melchor

carlos_melchor, Jul 9, 2004
  2. Carlos -

Is it possible in your menu to hardcode the paths to your library's directories? Even better, maintain these paths in a separate file that is loaded when necessary - this also makes it much easier to alter your setup. The number support paths affects the speed of a number of operations in AutoCAD - I try to keep them to a minimum and set any additional required paths in functions that are automatically loaded with each drawing.

Peter

petersciganek, Jul 9, 2004
  3. carlos_melchor

Chip Harper Guest

What I did when I upgraded to 2004 is this:

Place parent folder in support path, then added subpath to filename as part
    of the menu code like this....

path is C:\Details\Notes\3201.dwg

added C:\Details to support path

coded the menu like this -insert;Notes/3201.dwg;\;;;

Chip Harper, Jul 9, 2004
  4. carlos_melchor

mlapinski Guest

Or you can try using lisp variables in the .MNL or acad.lsp file to define folder paths.

(setq #Folder1 "c:\\MyBlocks1\\")
    (setq #Folder2 "c:\\MyBlocks2\\")

Then use something like (strcat #folder1 "BlockName") to put it all together. This makes it much easier to change paths in the future as you would only have to modify the variable definitions to redirect your menu blocks.

Mike

mlapinski, Jul 9, 2004
Ask a Question