Super Purge

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by fletch97, Feb 9, 2005.

1. fletch97

fletch97 Guest

Hello -

So i was searching through old posts but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I will post this in hopes I might find an answer.

I currently have downloaded CDG purge...a utility that allows me to purge more than Autocad's purge. I can purge out layer states and even dwg registry entries. The downfall is that it's a program and will be very time consuming to roll out to all employees. I was wondering if anyone had a lisp routine that would perform the same in-depth purge as the CDG utility? It will be alot easier for me to roll out one lisp routine than an exe file.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    Thanks!!

fletch97, Feb 9, 2005
  2. Autodesk wrote a tool that purges out layer states and excess app ID's (the two worst junk data items) in seconds.
    I did the dialog box that gathers the list of filenames to batch through and log activity as it goes.
    its at http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2004/12/layer_filter_an.html
    and is free.
    It works for A2000+

It will not purge anything other than layer filters or app ID's.
    It does not need to be installed, you simply unzip to a folder in your support paths and run the tool in autocad.
    It uses dbx to clean the files, it does not "open" the files in the editor.

CDG still has its place, I also use the ToolPac purge util which is very fast and full featured. Its a pay app though
    ($200 roughly)

fletch97 <>
    |>Hello -
    |>
    |>So i was searching through old posts but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for so I will post this in hopes I might find an answer.
    |>
    |>I currently have downloaded CDG purge...a utility that allows me to purge more than Autocad's purge. I can purge out layer states and even dwg registry entries. The downfall is that it's a program and will be very time consuming to roll out to all employees. I was wondering if anyone had a lisp routine that would perform the same in-depth purge as the CDG utility? It will be alot easier for me to roll out one lisp routine than an exe file.
    |>
    |>Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    |>Thanks!!

James Maeding
    jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Feb 10, 2005
  3. fletch97

dean_bourke Guest

Can't you just copy the CDG purge files
    CDGPurge30.vlx
    CDGPurge2004-30.arx
    CDGpurge30.odc
    to a server folder and load them using lisp.
    Or would this violate the licence agreement?

Dean

dean_bourke, Feb 10, 2005
  4. This should work, and will not violate any licensing at all.

Although...
    If you are using 2005, you can use the command line version of the purge
    command to purge Regapps if that's your issue...

I would also seriouly look at James' suggestion. It's much faster than what
    I have done in CDG Purge...

Joel Roderick
    www.watertechnologyinc.com

As the author of CDG Purge, I would recommend James' solution.

Joel Roderick, Feb 11, 2005
Ask a Question