Still cutting off drawings

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by livn4_chaos, Nov 16, 2004.

1. livn4_chaos

livn4_chaos Guest

I posted a message last week (or week before) and still can not figure out how to fix this problem.

I have a few drawings that continue to cut the drawing short...when plotted.

Things I've done so far.....re-created PC3 file in 2005, ran a recover on file and xrefs, made sure page setup was point to correct files, purged file(s), made sure nothing is "floating" outside the cut lines, and checked drivers (although I wish I had a way to check if all the drivers are correct)......but 1 or 2 drawings still do not plot correctly.

I am using Acad 2005 w/ SP1, I use trim lines in the border that are set to 30x42, have modified paper size in PC3 to read full 30x42, trim lines are on plot-able layer, plotting to Oce 9400.......if I call the drawing up in Acad 2000 and plot it ....it will come out fine.

I'm not sure what else to try......any thoughts?

livn4_chaos, Nov 16, 2004
  2. livn4_chaos

MMH Guest

We are having the same problem right now. what you can do temporarily is while you are in the plot dialog box change the X or Y coordinate number, depending on which one has moved and change the number so that you get a centered plot. You may have to do a trial and error on the numbers till you get the plot where you want it to be. (.12, .13, .5, .75, etc.)

MMH, Nov 16, 2004
  3. livn4_chaos

averdam Guest

We are having the same problems. I think it a problem from AutoCAD 2005 and the oce drivers. I we use a HPGL driver the plots are ok. a other option is to look at the vport. I find out that polygonal Viewport has problems when plotting with a oce driver and AutoCAD 2005. Use rectangle vports if possible.

Vriendelijke groeten
    Ard Verdam

averdam, Dec 3, 2004
Ask a Question