SNAP TO INCREMENT

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by MiD-AwE, Mar 5, 2005.

1. MiD-AwE

MiD-AwE Guest

Hi all,

I need to draw arcs & circles at 6" increments only. Also, if a circle or arc is grabbed & resized by the grip, it needs to resize by 6" increments, or if the arc is part of a polyline then it still needs to snap to a 6" increment even if it is offset no matter the offset distance. In all cases arcs and circles must only exist @ 6" increments such as 1'-6", 2'-0", 2'-6", 3'-0", etc., etc.. I'm afraid that this is a tough one but I was hoping that someone might be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any insights you might be able to provide.

MiD-AwE, Mar 5, 2005
  2. MiD-AwE

Doug Broad Guest

If you have to have it today, you should consider object reactors.

Doug Broad, Mar 6, 2005
  3. I would hire a professional programmer to do something like this... or wait if someone might be so kind to spent a lot of effort in doing it on their free time...

And yes as Doug mentioned reactors is what you need to implement.

Luis Esquivel, Mar 7, 2005
  4. MiD-AwE

MiD-AwE Guest

Thanks guys. I felt that might be the only wrought, yet I'm still surprised when someone reveals lesser known abilities of ACAD. It didn't hurt to hope and I'm going to need to find a good book. :)

MiD-AwE, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Have you considered setting your snap style to polar with a 6" increment?

Frank Oquendo, Mar 7, 2005
  6. MiD-AwE

MiD-AwE Guest

No I hadn't tried it, thanks for the suggestion.

MiD-AwE, Mar 7, 2005
Ask a Question