Series 7 ACAD 2005 cant find License

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Kevins, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Kevins

Kevins Guest

Posted by: Kevins
    Date: Feb/04/05 - 06:19 (GMT)
    Autocad license could not find our revitserver which runs both acad and revit licenses

computer info
    REVITSERVER
    License manager is running 9.22
    1 license file with 2 increments

VENDOR adskflex port=2080
    INCREMENT 49800REVITS_7_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent <- runs autocad
    INCREMENT 48700REVIT_7_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent <- for revit

OLDSERVER
    runs 9.22 with 6.1 licenses and 48500 (series 2 autocad 2005) licenese
    ----------------------------
    48500 are the licenses upgraded to 49800

Only revit connects since you can point the server but with 2005 it doesnt let you.
    My problem is that when run the network deployment i specifiy it in the setup to run at REVITSERVER.
    After the installation of 2005 from the deploy location i find that it auto connects to the OLDSERVER 48500 series 2 license.
    I disconnect the OLDSERVER's license manager and run 2005 again. This time i will come up with :
    A valid license could not be obtained blah blah blah
    Error [1.5.-5]

Ive chased it up with my local reseller but they dont have the answer yet.

Does it make a difference if you use Autocad network installation from either a revitseries2, or revitseries 7 cd?

Is the problem with the 49800 ( previously 48500 ) increments?

Kevins, Feb 7, 2005
  2. Kevins

Kevins Guest

--------
    Status
    --------
    Flexible License Manager status on Mon 2/7/2005 13:35

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
    License server status: 27000@revitserver
    License file(s) on revitserver: C:\flexlm\license.dat:

revitserver: license server UP (MASTER) v9.2

Vendor daemon status (on revitserver):

adskflex: UP v9.2

Feature usage info:

Users of 49800REVITS_7_0F: (Total of 14 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)

Users of 48700REVIT_7_0F: (Total of 20 licenses issued; Total of 8 licenses in use)

"48700REVIT_7_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
    floating license

Kevins, Feb 7, 2005
  3. Kevins

Kevins Guest

Seems the Autocad 2005 disk are independant of each other.
    You cant load series 2 with series 7 etc

Kevins, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Kevins

watchful-eye Guest

Hi, I work for an ATC and often get into support queries so keep an eye on the discussion groups for answers myself! We've had a number of Revit Series customers that have had problems similar to yours. They usually can get their AutoCAD running but not their Revit. In some cases they have had 6.1 shipped with AutoCAD and then upgraded to 7 and find it won't run or they have existing AutoCAD or Revit seats running alongside Revit Series. In every case we've had to get a new license file generated to resolve the problem. Also may be similar to the Revit 6 license problem listed under TS78472... either way a new license or combined license seems to resolve it... Worth a try.
    The error info listed by Autodesk is as follows:-
    Cannot combined Revit and Autocad Revit Series licenses on a single network server.

Published date: 2004-03-25
    ID: TS78472

Applies to:
    Autodesk® Revit® 6

Issue

You notice that when you attempt to combined a Revit license on a network server with an Autocad Revit Series license, only the most recent licenses of the two are available from the server.

Solution

There is an issue with the licenses in that they are not cumulative. The later license essentially overwrites the earlier one, effectively reducing the total number of licenses available.

All Autocad and/or Revit clients who ALSO HAVE the Autocad Revit Series with network licenses for both can request a combined license from the Autodesk Business Center.

Please provide them with the Contract numbers and Serial numbers for your Autocad and/or Revit licenses as well as the Autocad Revit Series licenses and they will provide you with a single license file which combines the total number of licenses.

In future releases of the Autocad Revit series, the licenses will work more effectively when combined together on the AdLM network license server. (Maybe Maybe not...?)

Subscription clients with any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact either or

either way have a go at the reseller to get a new license file and make sure it has a .lic file extension.
    Also had error 1.5.-5 errors resolved when Acad works but revit doesn't
    Cheers
    Pat

watchful-eye, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Kevins

watchful-eye Guest

Hi, I work for an ATC and often get into support queries so keep an eye on the discussion groups for answers myself! We've had a number of Revit Series customers that have had problems similar to yours. They usually can get their AutoCAD running but not their Revit. In some cases they have had 6.1 shipped with AutoCAD and then upgraded to 7 and find it won't run or they have existing AutoCAD or Revit seats running alongside Revit Series. In every case we've had to get a new license file generated to resolve the problem. Also may be similar to the Revit 6 license problem listed under TS78472... either way a new license or combined license seems to resolve it... Worth a try.
    The error info listed by Autodesk is as follows:-
    Cannot combined Revit and Autocad Revit Series licenses on a single network server.

Published date: 2004-03-25
    ID: TS78472

Applies to:
    Autodesk® Revit® 6

Issue

You notice that when you attempt to combined a Revit license on a network server with an Autocad Revit Series license, only the most recent licenses of the two are available from the server.

Solution

There is an issue with the licenses in that they are not cumulative. The later license essentially overwrites the earlier one, effectively reducing the total number of licenses available.

All Autocad and/or Revit clients who ALSO HAVE the Autocad Revit Series with network licenses for both can request a combined license from the Autodesk Business Center.

Please provide them with the Contract numbers and Serial numbers for your Autocad and/or Revit licenses as well as the Autocad Revit Series licenses and they will provide you with a single license file which combines the total number of licenses.

In future releases of the Autocad Revit series, the licenses will work more effectively when combined together on the AdLM network license server. (Maybe Maybe not...?)

Subscription clients with any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact either or

either way have a go at the reseller to get a new license file and make sure it has a .lic file extension.
    Also had error 1.5.-5 errors resolved when Acad works but revit doesn't
    Cheers
    Pat

watchful-eye, Feb 16, 2005
Ask a Question