Selection set across layouts and MS?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pashley, Feb 14, 2005.

1. pashley

pashley Guest

We are just now moving into the use of paperspace and have discovered that some of our custom routines no longer work because they cannot select objects across all spaces.

An example is a routine we have to delete all revision annotation in a drawing - bubbles, deltas, titleblock data, etc.. Now that we've moved to paperspace, this data is not all in one space, some is in modelspace and some in paperspace.

Is there a way to:

create a selection set across all spaces?
    ssget "x" only does the current space.

or

to successively scan each layout - you'd have to know their names, I assume.

I program only in lisp at this point.

pashley, Feb 14, 2005
  2. pashley

OLD-CADaver Guest

A better question might be, "Why do you have revision annotation in both Model and Paper space?" One OR the other would be sufficient.

OLD-CADaver, Feb 14, 2005
  3. pashley

pashley Guest

Here's how the revision data is split:

deltas and clouds are in modelspace

revision info is in the titleblock which is in paperspace.

I suppose we could require that the clouds and deltas be put in paperspace but generally we like to put annotation that locationally connected to the model in modelspace. The only notes we usually have in pspace are things like schedules, charts, etc.

If that's the only solution, I suppose we'll have to do it.

pashley, Feb 14, 2005
Ask a Question