ScriptPro and plotting in ADT2005

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dbaldacchino, Oct 13, 2004.

1. dbaldacchino

dbaldacchino Guest

Hi,

We used ScriptPro extensively to print files in ADT2004. We have a good library of scripts and custom macros that we would like to keep using in ADT2005.

I am encountering a problem when printing using ScriptPro in ADT2005. If I run this script from within ADT, it works fine, but if I run it from ScriptPro, it cancels the plot before finishing, resulting in an incomplete print out. Yet, the log file does not record any errors. Here's a sample script used to plot:

*copy below*
    imageframe
    off
    -plot
    y
    PLOT-FP
    Tabloid.pc3
    ANSI B (11.00 x 17.00 Inches)
    I
    L
    n
    layout
    1=2.81
    1.7,-0.12
    y
    Full Size Pen Assignments.ctb
    y
    y
    n
    n
    n
    n
    y

*end of script; copy space above too*

This will use the plot command, switch to "Plot-Fp" and run the plot with the associated parameters. If I run this script from ADT (Cad Manager Pulldown, Run Script), it will work. If I use it in ScriptPro, it will cancel the plot but no error message is reported. Any clue as to what is going on? Thanks.

dbaldacchino, Oct 13, 2004
  2. dbaldacchino

dbaldacchino Guest

I was wondering if the reason this is happening is that since ScriptPro closes down dialogs that appear, it might itself be selecting the "Cancel" option as soon as the plot status window appears. Below is an excerpt from the ScriptPro window. Note the last line:

Command Ended
    Begin Command
    Dialog appeared - [[ "Plot Job Progress" ]] 'Status: < Regenerating sheet >' 'Progress:' 'Now Processing Sheet: PLOT-FP (WAA_Ai101.dwg)' [Cancel] [Help]

Could it be that it's selecting "Cancel" before the plot is sent? That would explain why the script itself runs fine when launched through "Run Script" in the CadManager pulldown.

I hope someone from Autodesk can shed some light on this. Thanks again.

dbaldacchino, Oct 14, 2004
Ask a Question