script problem w/-attedit

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by epocjr, Apr 2, 2004.

1. epocjr

epocjr Guest

I can't seem to force a hard return at the end of "bbb" in this script. I've tried ;; and spaces and /n \n, but nothing seems to work. I think that the input that the attedit command is looking for at this point is text and it interprets all spaces and characters literally. I can't put in a hard return and move to a new line here because I want to keep it to a single line script. I have a specific reason to keep the script to one line. Any suggestions.

this is all on a single line, no word wrap in notepad--
    open "C:\_projs\ISO Batch change project\New Folder\711355.dwg" qtext on regenall -attedit y 6216iso cb -1000,-1000 1000,1000 v r bbb

epocjr, Apr 2, 2004
  2. epocjr

zeha Guest

You can do it with LISP something like this
    (command ".open" "C:\_projs\ISO Batch change project\New Folder\711355.dwg" "qtext" "on"
    "regenall" "-attedit" "y" "6216iso" "cb" "-1000,-1000" "1000,1000" "v" "r" "bbb" "")
    the other way is after bbb begin a new line (carriage return)

zeha, Apr 5, 2004
  3. epocjr

OLD-CADaver Guest

use semicolons for "enter"

OLD-CADaver, Apr 5, 2004
  4. epocjr

epocjr Guest

zeha - I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Thanks.

OLD-CADaver - I have tried the semicolon, but I think it is getting interpreted as text at that particular prompt in the -attedit.

epocjr, Apr 5, 2004
Ask a Question