Script File Uninstall

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Partenheimer, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Partenheimer

Partenheimer Guest

I've created DOS Batch files to successfully install Land Desktop-Civil Design-Survey-Raster Design packages on my workstations for both 2004 and 2005.

Does anyone know how to create a batch file to UNinstall two or three Autodesk products? I'd like to remove the 2004 products without having to use Windows Add/Remove Programs on each product individually.

TIA
    Mike Partenheimer

Partenheimer, Jan 20, 2005
  2. Jimmy Bergmark, Jan 21, 2005
  3. Partenheimer

AlmightySR Guest

How do you do that? I would love to be able to make a script file that
    would install Network Revit.

AlmightySR, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Partenheimer

patrick_aps Guest

I would use Auto-IT to Record the uninstall procedure..

patrick_aps, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Partenheimer

AlmightySR Guest

can you do a install with a Bat ?

AlmightySR, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Partenheimer

partenheimer Guest

Yes,
    I use a batch file. After creating the installation images for network deployment for each of my Autodesk products (Land Desktop, Civil Design, Survey, Raster Design) I am left with four icons. I simply right clicked on the icons and opened the properties dialog box. I copied the command line from each of the 4 installation icons and pasted them to 4 lines in my batch file. I also added lines to copy additional custom support folders, custom ARG files and custom startup icons (specifying my custom arg files). The result is a one click process to install the four programs plus my customization. If you are interested I can post sample lines from the batch file.

Mike Partenheimer

partenheimer, Jan 26, 2005
  7. Partenheimer

partenheimer Guest

Jimmy,
    Thank you.
    That's just what I needed.

Mike Partenheimer

partenheimer, Jan 26, 2005
Ask a Question