Saving settings, toolbars, etc.

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by scott_walowsky, Nov 19, 2004.

1. I suppose this is a "general customization issue":
    Our company is in the process of wiping our pc clean and reloading everything in order to get everyone's pc current and consistent, a noble effort. We were told that we should export our CAD profiles and put them in myfiles and then after the reload, import it and set it current. My co-worker, Sue, did this exactly as directed and got none of her toolbars and buttons that she used to have. There must be more to it than just the profile. Is it the mns, mnr, etc. menu files? What files do I need to copy to a safe location prior to my pc reload in order to keep my CAD settings safe?

scott_walowsky, Nov 19, 2004
  2. scott_walowsky

Tom Smith Guest

The mns file associated with your menu, and any customized bmp files
    referenced in it.

The toolbars are in the mns, and the bmp's are for the button icons.

You don't need the mnc and mnr files. These will be recompiled from the mns
    and bmp files.

Tom Smith, Nov 19, 2004
  3. use menuload to see what menus are loaded, then find the mnu, mns, mnl for each and the bitmaps used too.
    I have a mnus folder on the network where all this gets stored. Not so good to have custom stuff local on each machine
    for your very situation. You dont want to have to archive off and back every time a computer gets switched...
    thanks

scott_walowsky <>
    |>I suppose this is a "general customization issue":
    |>Our company is in the process of wiping our pc clean and reloading everything in order to get everyone's pc current and consistent, a noble effort. We were told that we should export our CAD profiles and put them in myfiles and then after the reload, import it and set it current. My co-worker, Sue, did this exactly as directed and got none of her toolbars and buttons that she used to have. There must be more to it than just the profile. Is it the mns, mnr, etc. menu files? What files do I need to copy to a safe location prior to my pc reload in order to keep my CAD settings safe?

James Maeding
    jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Nov 20, 2004
Ask a Question