Save all data on a form

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by SeriouslyDutch, Feb 1, 2005.

1. I'd like to know if there is an option in Visual Basic to save like a copy of the form, using a filename entered in a textBox on the form and save the form with all data in all textboxes etc. on the entire form? Or does it have to be a .txt file?

I really can't figure out the code to save data from a VB form.

Any help? Thanksss

SeriouslyDutch, Feb 1, 2005
  2. SeriouslyDutch

Oberer Guest

Hey SD, could you be a bit more specific about what you want to do with the form values? For example, are you hoping to restore the last user values when the form is displayed again? Share the data in another format (text file, database, etc)?

Here's are two threads that may help you on the same topic:
    Basic text file writing:
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=376235
    (It may be a bit too techy, depending on what your needs are)
    http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=376261

Oberer, Feb 1, 2005
  3. I'll try to explain what my program does. It's like a database function. A user enters some prices and taxes in textboxes on the form, a button changes formats and calculates many additional data. Now I would like to save all data displayed on the form after everything has been calculated so that if a customer returns the user can find the file again and see what was calculated for this specific customer...I hope there is a way to do this.

Thanks for the quick reply!

SeriouslyDutch, Feb 1, 2005
  4. No. VB and VBA have no internal mechanisms for persisting form data.
    However, you can write your own.

Frank Oquendo, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Allen Johnson, Feb 1, 2005
Ask a Question