Same Settings, Same Printer, Different Results

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Geenoir, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Geenoir

Geenoir Guest

A number of our users (myself included), have found that when printing a drawing from ADT3.3 to a printer, it differs considerably from the same drawing printed from LT2002.
    The main differences appear to be the lineweights/pen thicknesses of the text within the title block and the title block itself. The main drawing (model space) prints the same in both cases.

The printer used and the settings used are identical (CTBs centrally located & same windows printer driver) and ADT and LT are installed on the same machines in each case.

Any help/pointers would be most appreciated.
    Many Thanks

Andy Millar
    Ruddle Wilkinson Architects

Geenoir, Sep 16, 2003
  2. Geenoir

Geenoir Guest

lwdefault and the plot dialog boxes are set exactly the same in the 2 acad versions. Any other ideas out there?

Geenoir, Sep 17, 2003
  3. Geenoir

Jon Kirkham Guest

You've probably already done this, but check the ctb file search path once more on each machine.  We once had a problem where two machines were searching the same file name in different directories- and the ctb's files were different.

Jon Kirkham, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Geenoir

Geenoir Guest

The drawing border is in a block which has been inserted into the active drawing. The actual draing information (plan etc) is contained within x-refs.

All the CTBs are located in a central location and there is only 1 copy of the CTB files on the server.

If this problem was only occuring on one machine I'd reinstall the software, however the same thing is cropping up on seperate machines with both ADT and LT installed on them.

Seems to be a bit of a challenge this one.

Geenoir, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Geenoir

Jon Kirkham Guest

Which platform prints the proper version?

6. Geenoir

Jon Kirkham Guest

Do the drawings look different on screen?

7. Geenoir

Geenoir Guest

The drawings look identical on the screen, and it's ADT that is causing the titleblock text and frame itself to print very thick. Whereas LT is printing correctly.

Geenoir, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Geenoir

Jon Kirkham Guest

VISRETAIN set the same in each?

9. Geenoir

Geenoir Guest

VISRETAIN is set the same. We are using the exact same drawing file as an example, so all file specific variables will be exactly the same.

I thought visretain really only affected the X-refs and not the active file. We are only having problems with the titleblock which has been inserted within the active file, rather than any of the x-refs.

Geenoir, Sep 17, 2003
  10. Geenoir

Jon Kirkham Guest

Sorry- thought the border was an xref.  I'm stuck on this.  Care to post the dwg + ctb?  I don't have ADT 3.3, but we have both 2002 + 2002 LT.

Ask a Question