same old problem in 2005 default printer

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mike jeffers, Apr 8, 2004.

1. mike jeffers

mike jeffers Guest

I have just recently upgraded to ACAD2005 from 2000i, and the upgrade did not help with my problem. I would like help setting up my printer so that it will automatically be the one selected, with the default settings I chose, when I open drawings. Currently I have several customers who send me drawings, and when I go to the plot settings page, the dialog box states that it cannot find the proper printer and the "none" printer has been substituted. My customers apparently use laser plotters and different systems than I use.
    I can go in and change the configurations using either previous plot or by changing all of the parameters.
    What I would like to do is not have the system check for the plotters that are tagged with the drawing but to automatically use the printer that I have set for my Windows default printer.
    I am using Windows XP, ACAD2005, just upgraded from 2000i and couldn't get it streamlined in 2000i either. I saw in this discussion group of a lisp that had been created, but when I go to the webpage the webpage has left the premises.
    Thanks for your help.

Any help would be appreciated.

mike jeffers, Apr 8, 2004
Ask a Question