Rtext file problem

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by walkerkd, May 4, 2004.

1. walkerkd

walkerkd Guest

i have inserted some rtext that i wanted to get info from a file in the directory for a title block. well i stuck the title block in a root directory and the txt file in the folder that the im xrefing the title block to. well i took the hard path out of the rtext so that it would find it from the directory. well problem is that it finds it sometimes and not some other times., i was trying to not have it hard pathed because its xref is in many directorys and each one has a differnt txt file for city and state. anyone have any suggestions i have stuck the rtext.arx in my start up suite still nothing.

walkerkd, May 4, 2004
  2. walkerkd

Paul Turvill Guest

Perhaps the (findfile ...) function?
    ___

directory for a title block. well i stuck the title block in a root
    directory and the txt file in the folder that the im xrefing the title block
    to. well i took the hard path out of the rtext so that it would find it from
    the directory. well problem is that it finds it sometimes and not some other
    times., i was trying to not have it hard pathed because its xref is in many
    directorys and each one has a differnt txt file for city and state. anyone
    have any suggestions i have stuck the rtext.arx in my start up suite still
    nothing.

Paul Turvill, May 4, 2004
  3. walkerkd

walkerkd Guest

so you think i need to add another function to the rtext??? i added in the contents of the rtext (.\site.txt) i was wondering if that would tell the rtext to look in the root directory first. wasnt sure. so could you tell me more on adding the find fie to my drawing or whatever.
    thanks, Dywayne

walkerkd, May 5, 2004
Ask a Question