Ricoh 470W Large format "?"

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Bratz2, May 13, 2004.

1. Bratz2

Bratz2 Guest

Does anyone out there run one of these large format printers? I'm having some problems with wipeouts, etc. and can't seem to find any documentation on this issue. The wipeouts do not plot at all, and I need to get it corrected, or find a fix for it.

Bratz2, May 13, 2004
  2. Bratz2

dlacomb Guest

We have the 470W also, and found it easier just to send a PLT file to the plotter. We use the ScanBase/PlotBase controller, and it deals very well with PLT files.

Dave LaComb

dlacomb, May 13, 2004
  3. Bratz2

Bratz2 Guest

So, are you saying that buy using PLT files I could avoid the "wipeout" issue all together?

Bratz2, May 13, 2004
  4. Bratz2

dlacomb Guest

Not sure, but if you create a PLT file from a drawing that appears to preview correctly for the given plotter (hopefully HPs) that the file should plot to the Ricoh correctly.

I may be wrong, since I haven't had a lot of experience with wipeouts, but it may be worth a try.

Dave LaComb

dlacomb, May 13, 2004
  5. Bratz2

Bratz2 Guest

Yes in theory I think you would be correct. I'm going to try this out later this afternoon, and give my answer afterwards.

Bratz2, May 13, 2004
Ask a Question