Rename image

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by gosnil, Oct 7, 2004.

1. gosnil

gosnil Guest

Does any one know how to (in lisp or vba for ac2002):
    1. Check if there is an image with the same file name as the drawing.
    2. If it exists an image but with an other file name, rename it to the drawings file name.

/Gösta

gosnil, Oct 7, 2004
  2. gosnil

coachball8 Guest

Are you doing this with the drawing open or closed? I don't think you can rename an image that is attached to an open drawing. You could use (if (setq data (dictsearch (namedobjdict) "acad_image_dict")), then use vl-file-copy.
    Jason and Louis helped me with one in this NG that worked on a drawing close reactor, but that was quite some time ago. As I recall, it worked very well. You might search the NG for raster or image filename and find the same code posted. HTH

coachball8, Oct 7, 2004
  3. gosnil

gosnil Guest

Hmm, NG what’s that?

Some background...
    We have a document management system (IFS) who change the filename when a new version is created.
    Example, docno: 1, version: A, have 2 files 1-a.dwg and an image file 1-a.cal.
    Then I make a new version (B) of the document, the filename changes to: 1-b.dwg and 1-b.cal, but inside the dwg the image attached is 1-a.cal (the old version)!
    I am searching for a function that changes the name of the image file when the dwg is opened!
    /Gösta

gosnil, Oct 7, 2004
  4. gosnil

Anne Brown Guest

NG = newsgroup or discussion group, various areas for discussion
    on this server

Anne Brown, Oct 7, 2004
  5. gosnil

coachball8 Guest

If you're just AutoCad, I don't think you can make that happen. However, RasterDesign has an option called autoreplace that would work.

coachball8, Oct 8, 2004
Ask a Question