Rename bulk items

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by sbarrett, Apr 14, 2006.

1. sbarrett

sbarrett Guest

I am using Pro-E 2001 and was wondering if there was a way to rename a
    bulk item within the assembly

sbarrett, Apr 14, 2006
  2. sbarrett

David Janes Guest

I don't think there's a way to rename a bulk item, period. Even renaming the file
    on disk isn't going to change the name of the part in the assembly. I don't know,
    it might be possible in Intralink,, but I wouldn't swear to it nor would I swear
    that this would register in all the assemblies where it was used. I think you'd
    probably have to delete one and add another with the new name. Bulk items have
    very limited utility and, even though they're meant to represent "as required"
    quantities, they won't even indicate this in the BOM. You have to do some kludgy
    workaround with report relations to get AR to show up in the quantity column for a
    bulk item.

David Janes, Apr 16, 2006
  3. sbarrett

David Janes Guest

Correction: renaming on disk will cause the assembly to fail regen because it
    doesn't find the "part" which still means it's not a viable way to rename a bulk
    item in the assembly.

David Janes, Apr 16, 2006
Ask a Question