Proxy objects removal

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by AndrewE.Long, Jul 7, 2003.

1. AndrewE.Long

AndrewE.Long Guest

I have several drawings that were submitted to an outside party to make modifications. He used a program (LodeData, telecom mapping software) that created custom objects. Funny thing is they appear to be copies of the blocks I sent to him, only now with proxy data attached. Is there a way to remove the proxy data without removing the objects? I figure if EED or XDATA can be removed, the proxy data might be as well. I thought about writing a program to replace all the existing blocks in the drawing with blocks that don't have the custom data, but that seems cumbersome. Anyone have some code they can pass on?

AndrewE.Long, Jul 7, 2003
  2. AndrewE.Long

mattis Guest

The only way that I figure to get rid of those proxy graphics is to select everything in the drawing, copy it to the clipboard, start a new drawing, paste, save over old drawing.

mattis, Jul 7, 2003
  3. AndrewE.Long

AndrewE.Long Guest

I think I've tried this in the past. Doesn't work with proxy data, or at least not all of it.

AndrewE.Long, Jul 7, 2003
  4. AndrewE.Long

Gaston Nunez Guest

Save as R12 DXF may be a solution.

-gnb

"AndrewE.Long" <> wrote in message news:...

I have several drawings that were submitted to an outside party to make modifications. He used a program (LodeData, telecom mapping software) that created custom objects. Funny thing is they appear to be copies of the blocks I sent to him, only now with proxy data attached. Is there a way to remove the proxy data without removing the objects? I figure if EED or XDATA can be removed, the proxy data might be as well. I thought about writing a program to replace all the existing blocks in the drawing with blocks that don't have the custom data, but that seems cumbersome. Anyone have some code they can pass on?

Gaston Nunez, Jul 8, 2003
Ask a Question