Problems plotting in 2005 w/ WinXP

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Kriswd40, May 28, 2004.

1. Kriswd40

Kriswd40 Guest

When plotting drawings in paperspace to out HP DesignJet 800PS plotter on Windows XP using AutoCad 2005, the first about six inches of the plot are cropped off... it basically scrolls the page six inches, then begans printing from there. It seems to do this with any size of paper we try.

I have tried the new drivers for Windows XP and the latest WIndows 2000 drivers with the same results. This issue does not occur on computers with Windows 2000, nor did it occur with AutoCad 2004 (we recently upgraded 1 XP machine to 2005 to test it out and have been having this problem since. The Windows 2000 computer seem to work correctly, though they occasionally hang plotting in modelspace). Any help/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm an IT guy that doesn't really have much experience with AutoCad, but I'm trying my best to figure this out.

Other things I've also noted are:

Printing in model space works correctly.

We can print correctly to smaller HP printers correctly. We do not have another plotter available to test on.

Plot area has been set to Extents and to Window and both yield the same results.

Kriswd40, May 28, 2004
  2. Kriswd40

The Real JD Guest

What about checking the "plot upsidedown" option? Does that fix it?

The Real JD, May 31, 2004
  3. Kriswd40

kdpalkki Guest

We are having the same problem!!! I thought it might be a network problem since I have not heard of anyone else with this problem. (Until now!!)
    Win XP Pro, LDT 2005 plotting to HP800ps 42"
    I haven't had much time to do a lot of trouble-shooting yet, but it appears to be related to "oversized" custom plot sizes (anything longer than standard sheet sizes d,e, etc)

- Kevin Palkki

kdpalkki, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Kriswd40

Kriswd40 Guest

Hi Kevin... It's Kris Steele. Unfortunatly this isn't someone else with the problem, this is the problem we've been experiencing on your computer. I've searched all over for a resolution and haven't found much, so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone had any more suggestions. If you can try the "plot upsizedown" option that JD suggested and let me know if that helps, that would be great. I'm still searching for a resolution and may be contacting the AutoCad support directly soon.

Kriswd40, Jun 1, 2004
Ask a Question