Problems plotting 2004 dwgs in 2005

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by cthompson, Jul 8, 2004.

1. cthompson

cthompson Guest

I am having a problem plotting AutoCAD 2004 drawings in AutoCAD 2005. I can't even get a preview. The error message that I get states: "The selected layout has an invalid hardcopy configuration." If anyone knows what this means, and/or how I could possibly fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

cthompson, Jul 8, 2004
  2. cthompson

steedj Guest

steedj, Jul 9, 2004
  3. cthompson

rhodesign911 Guest

I am guessing that you are having similar problems to several users. Some flavours of 2005 lose track of the plotters, and if you have no plotter you have no preview. If you are unable to see any plotters from <file> <plot> then right click the model or layout tab and find the plotter in <page setup manager> Once you have re-found your plotter everything should be ok. Unless you have LDDT and wish to plot from model space - in which case you may get no output depending on your plot device. If this is the case then go into plotter properties and select 'process in computer' rather than 'process in printer'.

Hope this helps,

Steve Rhodes

rhodesign911, Jul 9, 2004
Ask a Question