PRINTING RASTER IMAGE PROBLEM

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by rat, Jul 22, 2003.

1. rat

rat Guest

I sent a message PRINTING PROBLEMS on the 21/july documenting my problem. To recap it involved the frames of raster images being plotted even though they were turned off. It wasn't the whole frame, nor was it all raster image frames, but certain lines in the frame would print out in a cyan colour. I have tried putting on a new layer, deleting and re-inserting, reducing and increasing the quality of raster images and nothing has worked. Another interesting thing is that every time I've tried something to remedy this problem, the random lines move so that it is diffent lines printing out. It seems a though AutoCad is taking the piss out of me and I want answers please!
    Using 2004.
    HP 100 plotter.
    Raster images are exported transperent images edited in Photoshop (PNG file type)
    If you need any other info please ask as I NEED a solution as I've been working on these beautifully coloured elevations with images for over a week now and I really need a quality print to give the client.

Thanks, Regards Simon.

rat, Jul 22, 2003
  2. The first thing to do is to test with other drivers to same printer, to see whether is is a driver or

some other kind of problem. I do not know yet, the different capabilities of HP100, but

I assume, that he can do with couple of languages, ie. PCL, HP/GL2, possible Postscript,

so these are the choises to test with. And also with drivers to different machine at all, using naturally

existing hardware, ie. present plotter .

The most obvious reason, I assume, is the driver, because I have seen so many strange

things to happen, and when you find the proper one, then you are done. 

Matti

"rat" <> kirjoitti viestissä news:...

I sent a message PRINTING PROBLEMS on the 21/july documenting my problem. To recap it involved the frames of raster images being plotted even though they were turned off. It wasn't the whole frame, nor was it all raster image frames, but certain lines in the frame would print out in a cyan colour. I have tried putting on a new layer, deleting and re-inserting, reducing and increasing the quality of raster images and nothing has worked. Another interesting thing is that every time I've tried something to remedy this problem, the random lines move so that it is diffent lines printing out. It seems a though AutoCad is taking the piss out of me and I want answers please!
    Using 2004.
    HP 100 plotter.
    Raster images are exported transperent images edited in Photoshop (PNG file type)
    If you need any other info please ask as I NEED a solution as I've been working on these beautifully coloured elevations with images for over a week now and I really need a quality print to give the client.

Thanks, Regards Simon.

Matti Pitkänen, Jul 22, 2003
Ask a Question