Printer settings override plot settings

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by tlusty, Jul 2, 2003.

1. tlusty

tlusty Guest

LDDT2i, Windows XP (And a couple NT 4.0)

We got a new server last week with the same os as the old one (W2K). All of the data and the printers (HP1055cm and 5000N) have been moved to the new server. My problem is that I cannot properly reconfigure the .pc3's. Every time I go into Page Setup -> Plot Devices -> Properties -> Custom Properties -> Paper Sizes the paper size is set to custom size 8 1/2" x 11" portrait oriented. Whatever changes I make and save to the .pc3 automatically reset so when I plot, I only get the first 8 1/2" of my drawing. It will let me select the user sizes from the .pmp file but it will not hold those settings or plot with them.

The printer drivers we had were the most current and are the same on the new server. I have looked at both the old server settings (still on line so we can still plot through it otherwise I'd be totally messed) and matched the new ones to it. I have reinstalled the printer with the matched settings on my computer. I have set the Custom Properties to match exactly what is on the server and on my installation. But it will not hold those settings in Custom Properties. It keeps resetting. I've tried everything and nothing is working.

Please help!

Thanks!

Karen Tlusty

tlusty, Jul 2, 2003
  2. tlusty

tlusty Guest

I've made new .pc3's, I've reinstalled the printers on my machines, I've tried different drivers on the server, nothing works. I'm beyond frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Karen

tlusty, Jul 7, 2003
  3. tlusty

jcowles Guest

I'm having this same problem on one W2K machine and two NT machines, and I'm running an HP 1050C plotter. I haven't changed anything on my server as far as driver settings, and it just seems to happen randomly to systems here. I've tried changing the orientation in the custom printing preferences in the system printer settings, and that didn't work. I've tried reinstalling the plotter, and recreating the pc3 files, and that's not working either. The only thing I've been able to do to fix it so far is to format system drive and do a clean install.

My custom paper sizes are fine, but the pc3 files revert back to portrait orientation for no apparent reason. I'm stumped, any help would be appreciated.

jcowles, Jul 18, 2003
Ask a Question