printer set up (multipule machines)

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by cadd_monkey, Jan 21, 2004.

1. cadd_monkey

cadd_monkey Guest

k i just got XP pro for my machine. my office has 3 different OS's on different machines. we all use a 1050c HP printer. it's already set up on the network. when i set it up in XP then go to a machine say with win 2000 set up the printer the same way. then i open a drawing on my machine plot it using that set up. then go to the next machine i just set up with the same plotter and as soon as i type plot i get the dialog box that pops up saying that printer type isn't there. if i click ok i can then choose that exact printer and it works fine on both machines.

there an easy way to get cad to regonize the same plotter on multipule machines?

thanks

cadd_monkey, Jan 21, 2004
  2. cadd_monkey

cadd_monkey Guest

oh and i'm trying to stay away from pc3 files. all the machines can see the path to the printer on the server in the same way so i'd like to use just that.
    ie: \\server\HP DesignJet 1050C by HP

maybe i just answered my own question. because if i do it this way users can change there own settings making them not the same thus making me have to use a PC3 file thats somewhere on the network that is protected from being changed?

thanks again

3. cadd_monkey

cadd_monkey Guest

duuuuuuuuuuuh!!!!

damn i feel like a rookie, "save changes to layout"

just set up 2004 so havn't plotted enough yet to remember to click that on..lol man well least it was easy

thanks anyway!

Ask a Question