PRINT/PAGE SETUP LISP?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by SARCZAR, Oct 4, 2004.

1. SARCZAR

SARCZAR Guest

At my current job we change plotter/printer names like Mr. Rodgers changes shoes,anyway is there a lisp routine that would change the printer/plotter name in a selected folder automatically and if it could also change by sheet size that would be great. Currently we can't batch plot withoout half our prints erroring out because of different plotter/names.
    Thanks for a help with this problem.

SARCZAR, Oct 4, 2004
  2. SARCZAR

dblaha Guest

You can deal with changing printer names by creating a PC3 file with a generic name for each printer. When the name of a printer changes, you can change the corresponding PC3 file so that it points to the new printer name while keeping the name of the PC3 file the same. This way your files can always find the PC3 file they are looking for. Just keep the PC3 file up to date so that it points to the current printer name.

The users I support span across several departments and use nine printers on two different print servers. By always using PC3 files with generic names (in my case named after the department they are in: CE01, CE02, DE01, DE02, etc.), I can quickly adjust to changes in the printer names or even the printing hardware by just modifying the contents of the PC3s.

Dave

dblaha, Oct 4, 2004
  3. SARCZAR

SARCZAR Guest

Thanks for the suggestion that will help in the future, now to take care off the past.............

SARCZAR, Oct 4, 2004
  4. SARCZAR

dblaha Guest

You can modify the page setups in previous drawings with a script using the PSETUPIN command to replace their current page setup with a new, correct one from another drawing.

For batch plotting, you can have the pages in the batch job look to a specific drawing (updated with the current printer names) for their plot settings.

For individual plots, you can create custom printer buttons that will output the current page to the appropriate printer by defining the plot settings directly via AutoLISP rather than relying on the existing page setup.

Dave

dblaha, Oct 4, 2004
  5. SARCZAR

Nick Guest

Do you have a lisp routine to do this?

Nick

Nick, Dec 9, 2004
Ask a Question