Prebuilt LapTop for SolidWorks2005?

Discussion in 'SolidWorks' started by Scopemaster, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Scopemaster

Scopemaster Guest

Solid Works 2005 On a notebook?

I want this ability. My current Toshiba Satellite P4-2.8g with 512mb ram and shared 32mb card works. (Barely but works), I want one to last more than a few months.

I have been searching for the best possible notebook at the most affordable price. I have researched and the more I look the harder the decision. First I have found Toshiba's, HP's, Compaq, Dell's all have some of what I want but none has all. So I am looking for opinions. I want the spend Under $2000.00. I have considered Centrino's but so far I can see P4 3.0+ is the best. I want over 512 DDR or more, Hard drive must be over the 52000 RPM. (72000 better) + 80 Gig or better. The two most important to me is the video end. I have seen the typical NVIDIA and Radeons 32 mb to 128 mostly shared. This is where I am finding issues. I want 256 mb. And what is the lesser of 2 evils? NVIDA or the ATI Radeon? Who has dedicated memory of 128 minimum and 256 would be great? To really exasperate the situation, I want a 17" WS with the XBRITE technology. I am seeing all of the above but in different notebooks. None of the manufactures offer the right one. Even a custom built can not result in what I want. Example one may not offer a 256 mb video card. Another does not have 17" screen while others offer the 17" screen and XBrite but with a centrino only? With out going ALIEN Ware and spending over $3000.00 or more, Who would be the best for a note book solution?

Scopemaster, Jan 12, 2005
  2. Scopemaster

kmaren24 Guest

There wwas recently an add in DE for a laptop with the PCI Express
    video. www.eurocom.com out of Ontario. I know nothing more but it may
    be something to look into because it can get up to 256Mb video RAM on a
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go.

It says prices start at $2500.

Ken M.

kmaren24, Jan 12, 2005
Ask a Question