Plotting Trouble with Toshiba 3511

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by caddie hilton, Apr 13, 2004.

1. We have a new printer in the office, a Toshiba Studio 3511 colour laser. It has 3 drivers, postscript, colour and black/white. I've been having some trouble printing. I get and Acad error "test failed" when using these drivers under different circumstances. I am thinking that the ctb's that I use to plot are conflicting with the driver (ie. if my ctb wants to print some pens in colour and I choose the B/W driver). This train of thought seems to work most of the time, but at times, with certain drawings, I can't print with colour at all. This is a problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Caddie Hilton

caddie hilton, Apr 13, 2004
  2. caddie hilton

mlynskey Guest

I have a similar problem with a new Studio350 copier/printer we have. I get the "Test failed" error upon first trying to use the printer in a drawing but once it has been accessed it works. For instance, if you go into "Page Setup" and select the printer, ignore the "Test failed" error, exit "Page Setup", then go back in and setup the rest of the printing options and it will work. If you try to print preview or plot immediately after the "Test failed" message it will lock up Autocad and you will lose whatever information isn't saved. I have a page setup already created in our template drawing and don't have this problem in drawings created from that template. My big problem, though, is that the .ctb file doesn't seem to have any effect with this printer (all colors plot the same lineweight). I'm sure this is all related somehow but is over my head. I'm still trying to figure it out.

mlynskey, Apr 14, 2004
Ask a Question