Plotting to EPS

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by c.prettyman, Aug 22, 2003.

1. c.prettyman

c.prettyman Guest

I'm forwarding a question from my offices color management guru - who is a great Adobe guy, but knows little about AutoCAD. We are plotting from ADT2004 to EPS, using the OOTB EPS Driver by AutoDesk. His question to me reads like this:
    Ask around about the AutoCAD 2004 (or 2002) CMYK and RGB “Working Colorspace.” The U.S. defaults are usually Adobe RGB (1998) and U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2. Software pieces use their Working Space to define a color profile for the graphic files it outputs. Therefore, an application working with CMYK data in the U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) Working Space would output graphics files whose profile would match that Working Space. For optimal color consistency, one attempts to standardize the Working Spaces throughout their workflow.

Basically, does anyone know what the working color space is for ADT 2004? (this may not even really be a print/plot question - Anne, if you think it is appropriate, feel free to move this to ACAD 2004 or ADT 2004.)

TIA
    Charles Prettyman

c.prettyman, Aug 22, 2003
  2. c.prettyman

dany-ey Guest

dany-ey, Sep 15, 2003
Ask a Question