Plotting problems in Autocad 2002

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mbertra, Feb 5, 2004.

1. mbertra

mbertra Guest

I am running Autocad 2002 on a computer with Windows 2000 and plotting to an HP1055cm plotter. When I try to plot within autocad to this plotter, the regeneration will take forever before the plot starts, then when the drawings plots, it will only plot about 3/4 of the page, never a complete plot. And, after plotting, there will be a fatal error and Autocad will crash.

I believe this problem only started when I added the HP Colorpro Cad printer to the Windows printers, but have since deleted the Colorpro Cad. Not sure if there is a connection. We have other computers with the 1055cm and Colorpro Cad installed, and there are no problems with plotting in Autocad.

I have already contacted Autocad tech support, reinstalled Autocad several times, reinstalled the plotter, downloaded updated drivers for windows, etc. I will try reinstalling Windows only as a last resort, since everything will have to be backed up and this is just a nightmare. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Michelle

mbertra, Feb 5, 2004
Ask a Question