Plotting problem--Arial.ttf font

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mickowitz, Oct 19, 2004.

1. mickowitz

mickowitz Guest

I send my .plt files to a service using a DesignJet 755 driver. The Arial font I use comes out looking slightly "chunky" and pixilated. I would expect laser-sharp crispness.

I create the .plt files, process them through Oce Repro Desk 4.3 (as required by the printer), and send them to the printer. They do some of their own in-house processing, again on Oce Repro Desk, and print from those files.

Arial.ttf is installed in my Windows font folder (I even reinstalled it to be sure), and I copied it into my ACAD LT2002 font folder. Do I need to set the FONTMAP variable default to arial.ttf? It has been set to simplex.ttf.

We were using the Designjet 755 "B" driver, and the printer's IT person said we should be using the "A" driver.

I'm now using the DesignJet 755CM C3198A.pc3 driver per the printer's requirements. This still didn't solve the problem. The printer has no idea about what the problem could be.

Ideas? Suggestions? Questions? Your heartfelt condolences?

Thanks!
    Mickey

mickowitz, Oct 19, 2004
Ask a Question