Plotting In PaperSpace -- Looking for Insights on Jurassic Code

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by matt_1ca, Mar 30, 2005.

1. matt_1ca

matt_1ca Guest

We have a very old code that works perfect what it does is create many pdf files based on views created in the drawing.

It is semi-automatic when it comes to plotting because user has to still bind the created separate pdf into one pdf document manually. Then print the created pdf compilation.

Right now they are very eager to move everything to paperspace they say it is better at plotting and all those kind
    of things -- and they are asking me is there a way to re-use this piece of code so that it will work in paperspace as well.

Personally, I think the code below is going to be garbage code -- but before I finally dump it -- I want the experts to see it and hear what they have to say

(while (/= newnum 0)

(setq specialdir (dos_specialdir 40))

(setq hy (strcat specialdir "My Documents\\in\\" (itoa newnum)))

(command "filedia" "0")
    (command "-plot" "y" "model" "PostScript Level 2.pc3" "User 1 (8.50 x 14.00 Inches)" "millimeters" porient "no" "view"
    newnum "1=5" "center" "y" pcp "y" "as displayed" "Y" hy "n" "y")
    (command "filedia" "1")

(setq num (+ num 1))

(setq newnum (strcase (getstring (strcat "\n [0 to Quit] Enter View number <"(itoa num)">: "))))
    (if (= newnum "") (setq newnum num)(setq newnum (atoi newnum)))

)

(startapp "acrodist.exe")
    (startapp "acrobat.exe")

Thank you for all your insights.

Matt

matt_1ca, Mar 30, 2005
  2. matt_1ca

matt_1ca Guest

Oops forgot to mention (just in case someone might wonder why I posted this Lisp routine in VB forum) -- I am going to use VB to interact with tweaked jurassic code if experts insights point to that direction. Intention being to be able to plot layouts all from paperspace.

Matt

matt_1ca, Mar 30, 2005
Ask a Question