Plotter default not working

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by riddlesm, Nov 29, 2004.

1. riddlesm

riddlesm Guest

My problem is that it does not remember my default plot device. I have it selected in -tools - options -Plotting to default to the device I want. But when I start Acad and open a drawing and hit the plot button I get the following error.

"Postscript Print to a file: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of the following reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The None plot device has been substituted"

I can then pick my plotter and it all works fine until the next drawing I try to plot. What could be the problem?

I have AutoCAD 2004 SP 1a on Win XP
    RICOH Aficio 2232C PCL 5c Printer

Scott

riddlesm, Nov 29, 2004
  2. riddlesm

riddlesm Guest

More info.
    The drawings I am opening are from a network drive to which I can not save back to. I did notice that if I open a drawing of my own that I saved on my local drive it will remember the default plot device. The problem sees to be when I open the "read only" drawings from the network.

Scott

riddlesm, Nov 29, 2004
Ask a Question