Plot Stamp in Metric

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by snafu73, Sep 15, 2003.

1. snafu73

snafu73 Guest

I am using Architectural Desktop 3.3. I am haveing alot of problems with the plot stamp in metric drawings. All the setting in the "Plot Stamp" are correct. I know this, because it prints just fine in english units. However, the plot stamp disapears when the "Printable area" is set to "mm" instead of "inches" in the "Paper size and paper units" area of the Plot window. It is necessary to set it to "mm" in order for the pen weights to print properly.

Any thoughts?

snafu73, Sep 15, 2003
  2. snafu73

snafu73 Guest

The MEASUREMENT variable did not work.

The drawings are metric. The plot stamp disapears when the "Printable area" is set to "mm" instead of "inches" in the "Paper size and paper units" area of the Plot window. If it is set to inches, the plot stamp prints fine, but my pen weights are off by a factor of 25.4. That is why I set the Printable area units to mm.

In this office we have both metric and english projects. So, it is very conveniant to just toggle the Printable area units between english and mm and use one plot style. The only fix I could come up with was to create a new plot style for metric drawings to compensate for the 25.4 difference.

snafu73, Sep 16, 2003
Ask a Question