Plot Fatal Error on tab only

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by blz2, Feb 19, 2004.

1. blz2

blz2 Guest

every time i try to plot a certain tab (i have 7 paperspace tabs) it gives me a Fatal Error right as it begins the plot process. i've tried copying just the stuff i need for that layout into a new drawing and completely recreating the layout and got the same result. it has 5 viewports in the layout. i've tried erasing some viewports and it works sometimes. however the results arent consistent. this just started happening, i've plotted this layout before without problems. another guy here had the same problem with a completely different drawing and couldn't figure anything out. We're running Arch. Desktop 2004 on XP. (i've tried Recovering the drawing too)

Thanks
    Brandon

blz2, Feb 19, 2004
  2. blz2

blz2 Guest

one more thing - saving the drawing to R2000 and plotting works. reopening the drawing and plotting in 04 creates the same problem again.

blz2, Feb 19, 2004
  3. I have same problem and have spent many hours ne days trying to resolve it.
    Dean suggested bad memory may be the problem, I tried that to no avail, I am
    running acad 2004 on win98 with 384meg ram, was about to try new operating
    system (xp) but sounds like thats not the issue. The nearest I have come to
    diagnose is at MS website DB of errors and it seems it is some kind of page
    fault though the exact one is not described. I have had this problem since
    installing HP deskjet1180c (A3) printer,alsoo tried latest driver and HP
    help desk. On an AMD chip the error message is " Fatal Exception OE occurred
    at 0028 : C00592B9,tried to run same program same printer on Pentium
    Celeron, same problem but error message changed to : " acad has caused an
    invalid page fault in module Kernel 32.dll at 019f : bff 767lf.
    This may be a long winded message but hey, theres a lot more I could say,
    though I suspect it would be unacceptably punctuated with expletives. Hope
    someone can help!!
    me a Fatal Error right as it begins the plot process. i've tried copying
    just the stuff i need for that layout into a new drawing and completely
    recreating the layout and got the same result. it has 5 viewports in the
    layout. i've tried erasing some viewports and it works sometimes. however
    the results arent consistent. this just started happening, i've plotted this
    layout before without problems. another guy here had the same problem with a
    completely different drawing and couldn't figure anything out. We're running
    Arch. Desktop 2004 on XP. (i've tried Recovering the drawing too)

Bigola Botanics, Feb 24, 2004
  4. blz2

blz2 Guest

i can't imagine its a memory problem. my laptop has a Pentium 4 3.02mhz with 1gb memory......and the errors keep coming. i've had the same error on multiple random drawings since my first post. with no similarities in the drawings. maybe the bug is fixed in 2005.

blz2, Mar 2, 2004
Ask a Question